FOLLOW THESE TIPS AND MAKE YOUR STORAGE EXPERIENCE A GOOD ONE.
Whether you are storing at home or with Monterey Hi-Way Self Storage, its always a good idea to take the time to store your items properly. How do you go about storing your items properly? Here are some tips to help keep your items safe, while also getting the most out of your available storage space.
1. Use furniture covers, tarps or moving pads to keep items off the floor of the unit (this will help prevent any moisture damage from occurring).
2. Wrap Furniture legs with protective wrap, furniture covers or pads to prevent scratching. Placing a tarp over your belongings can also help prevent any possible moisture damage.
3. Do not use printed newspaper to pack with. The ink may smudge off on your items.
4. Be sure to store frequently used items at the front of the unit to avoid having to go through all other stored items to find them. Make seasonal clothing accessible, you may have your belonging in storage longer than anticipated.
5. Don’t forget to use valuable space inside drawers and larger appliances (such as stoves and refrigerators) to store small items such as: towels, linens, toys…etc
6. Break down large items such as bed frames, large furniture, tables and keep all parts (screws & smaller items) together by taping them to the item.
7. Label all boxes on all sides for easy identification.
8. Clothing that ordinarily hangs in a closet should be packed in a wardrobe box.
9. Do not store anything flammable (such as paint or other chemicals) or perishables.
10. When packing boxes, try to limit the weight to 30 lbs. or less per box. Seal boxes with masking/packing tape.
* If we do not have any locks available in stock, make sure you get a strong/durable lock (disc locks are recommended).
Think about insurance. If you already have renters or car insurance, most insurance companies will allow you to add your storage unit belongings to your current insurance plan for an additional small monthly fee (if not already covered). Either way, make sure you take pictures of your valuable items and storage unit, in case the unfortunate should happen (break-ins, fire damage…etc). We will always do our best to protect your items, however it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Don’t forget to lock your unit!
"I was looking for a storage unit on the side that I originally rented and no one else had it. Monterey Hi-Way Self Storage had it. The manager was exceptionally kind and helpful. This was my first time using their service, but I would do it again and I recommend their service. There was easy access to facility. The size of the unit was perfect. The manager was helpful if you needed assistance. It was great."
"Monterey Hi-Way Self Storage receive our packages and call us when we need to pick them up. They are a good and dependable service."
"I have been a customer of Monterey Hi-Way Self Storage for about six months. I look for excellent security when I select a storage facility, and they provide it. Michael and Reed are very professional and give great customer service. I couldn't recommend their facility highly enough!"
"I have been a customer of Monterey Hi-Way Self Storage for about five years. They stick to their facility hours. When a package comes for me I get called right away. The unit is always clean. The staff is always courteous. Whenever we need help with anything, like switching or changing a unit, they are very accommodating. I would recommend them."
"The people at Monterey Self-Storage were very nice. I really like Michael in particular. He's the "head hauncho". Also, Alan is very good as well. They are both happy people and cheerful all the time. It is a nice, clean facility, with clean bathrooms, water faucets, and electrical outlets. Those are all pluses, as not every storage facility has those features."
2965 Monterey Salinas Hwy
Monterey, CA 93940
(7 days per week)